Last night I was totally stumped on what to cook for dinner. Does that ever happen to you? Well if it does, you should definitely try this recipe out! It comes together in about 10 minutes and tastes so good. It’s perfect for those late nights when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen or just needing a quick fix.
For this recipe, you’ll need:
1 green bell pepper (sliced in 1/4 strips)
1/2 white onion (sliced in 1/4 strips)
1 half bag of fully cooked, frozen diced chicken breast
(seasonings of your choice)
- Place about half the bag of chicken and 1 tbsp. of water in a microwave safe dish. Cover and heat for 3-4 minutes.
- While the chicken is warming, slice your veggies and add to a large frying pan with 1-2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Stir-fry the veggies on high heat until the onion is opaque, about 5 min.
- Now add your chicken right to the pan and season with what you like. ( I used a sprinkling of each: salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, and cumin)
- Stir-fry the chicken for just a few minutes to brown, about 2-3 min.
There you go…just warm your tortillas and serve! Add a side of rice for a complete meal.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. Let me know if you decide to try it. I’d love to hear from you.
Thanks for reading,
~The Dimestore Gypsy