Hey guys! We had our first cold front blow thru this week and I must admit, I’m loving it! I thought I’d share with you one of my recipes I made this week for dinner. It’s Shepard’s Pie with Cheesy Tator Round Topping instead of the traditional mashed potatoes.
1 lb. lean ground beef (can use regular, just drain fat after cooking)
1 bag frozen mix vegetables
1 small jar brown gravy
1 small can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
1/2 bag of tator-tot rounds
1-2 cups of reduced fat shredded cheese
seasonings of your choice for meat and filling mixture
- Cook the tator rounds as per instructions on the bag. While these are in the oven, you can brown the beef and season to your liking.
2. Next, add your mixed vegetables, brown gravy, & cream of mushroom soup. Season and stir to mix. (I used a sprinkling of garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, & pepper) Remove from heat.
3. Place the beef mixture in a casserole dish & top with the tator rounds.
4. Add 1-2 cups of cheese, depending on your liking. (I used about 2 cups)
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 min. or until cheese is melted. Dig in and enjoy!
I hope your family enjoys this as much as we did! Thanks for stopping by!
~The Dimestore Gypsy